Wednesday, January 26, 2011

CHELSEA have failed with a stunning £52million swoop for Sergio Aguero and Diego Godin, claim Atletico Madrid.





The Spaniards insist the Blues offered that amount but they are refusing to sell either Argentina hitman Aguero or Uruguay's Godin.

Real Madrid also tried to nab Aguero, 22, by meeting his £38million get-out clause - but they too were turned away by their La Liga rivals.

Aguero has bagged 89 goals in 217 games for Atletico, while 24-year-old defender Godin has 43 international caps and three goals.

Atletico general director Miguel Angel Gil Marin said: "Yesterday I received an offer of £38m from Real Madrid for Aguero and I said 'no'.

"This very week Chelsea were giving me £52m for him and Godin and I told them exactly the same thing.

"I won't negotiate the sale of Aguero with Real Madrid or any other club - not now and not in the summer, either."

No comments: